Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Stress & Smiles

Hello!
I've been feeling very stressed out lately. I have been really struggling with leading my team. I think back to the struggles I had last year, and they seem less overwhelming. And I think that's because last year, my struggles were with kids. Even in the most complicated and hectic of moments, there were still hugs and smiles and other sorts of warm fuzzy things to get me through the day. My team just isn't that cute. They're inspiring and dedicated and warm and fun, but they don't provide near as much daily gratification as my 4th graders did. Sometimes, it feels like I am only flaws. The weight of that can be imensely overwhelming. So, I'm working really hard to see my team in a new way. I am working to give adults the same grace and faith through the process as I did with my students last year. I am working to celebrate the little moments of unity and success with each team member. I'm working hard to figure out how all of my flaws are stitched together with good intentions. And mostly, I am working really hard to find the joy in this work when this work gets really hard. -Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment