Monday, June 13, 2016

Worth Missing

Hello!
I still miss my kids like crazy. I have leaked many a tear onto the letters and pictures they gave me. But I saw this quote from One Tree Hill, and it reminded me that if I am missing my kids, that's sort of a reason to celebrate. I have been so blessed to have each of them worm their little way into my heart. I am so lucky that they can tell me how I taught them about kindness or confidence or the difference between a nickel and a dime. I am so lucky that I have so many memories with them. Some of them were their usual sassy little selves when we said our good byes, but some of them gave me a more heartfelt goodbye than I could've imagined. I am just so lucky to say that these kids have been a part of my life. And as sad as I am right now, that only adds to how grateful I am for every part of this experience. Because these kids are special; they are worth missing; and I am so, so lucky to be able to say that. -Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment