Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Built

Hello!
When I am doing work that requires some concentration, I like to listen to instrumental piano versions of Disney songs. As I was doing that this week, I was surprised when "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from Frozen brought me to tears. I love Frozen, but I don't have many personal emotions attached to it. In that moment, "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" suddenly reminded me so much of my kiddos. I thought of all of the innocent moments we shared over the course of the year. The times both the kids and I spent on opposite sides of "I'm not really sure if I want to do this, maybe I'll just hide." And I slowly realized that this song best described my relationship with my kiddos this year. Picking a quote out of the lyrics to put here was a little difficult, but ultimately, I settled on a simple "Have Courage" because that's what I hope the kids and I have learned how to do this year. Through all of the time we spent doing things together, I hope we learned to have a little more courage when things gets scary or when we feel alone. I hope that courage never leaves us as we go on to build new relationships and bright futures. -Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment