Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Not Getting What I Want

Hello!
I was talking to another corps member a week or two ago about the ages we work with. We both talked about how in the beginning, we had really wanted to work with first graders. While we both have many struggles with our older students, we also really appreciate what makes them different from first graders. I see the way my fourth graders have been forgiving and encouraging as I learn how to teach them. I love how they are able to articulate what they need from a teacher. They have helped me grow and develop so much. When I work with first graders, it becomes clear that they wouldn't have been able to be a part of my learning process in such a dynamic and involved way. I'm not sure I could have survived this year without my fourth graders. For me, there's no questions that it was lucky to not get what I wanted. -Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment